Posted by Aubrey Nagle on May 10th, 2012
From Monday May 14th to Sunday May 20th, Yelp is bringing you the Passport to East Passyunk, a series of events celebrating the hottest street in South Philly. To encourage locals to explore their neighborhood Yelp is holding events like a bar crawl, free classes at local businesses, salon mini-makeovers, and a Sunday supper. And all you need to take advantage of the many of the deals is the Yelp app on your smartphone.
Yelp Check-in Offers
Throughout the week local restaurants and stores like Cochon, Fuel, Kris and Ms. Goody Cupcake will have deals and check-in specials. Highlights include:
- Stateside is offering a $9 special of steamed mussels with seven-week cured pig jowl. The broth is made with Ithaca apricot wheat, and the dish will also be served with a glass of the beer. Also, anyone who checks in, even if they do not order the mussels, will receive a takeaway handmade sweet pretzel.
- Stogie Joe’s is offering a beer and meatball sandwich for just $10.
- Cantina Los Caballitos and Royal Tavern are offering a special menu items available only to people who check-in via Yelp. The Cantina has a special plate of two “Elvis” Empanadas (Peanut Butter, Bacon and Banana) with a Chipotle Caramel-Marshmallow dip for $6. The Royal is has a special $3 Cheddar Barbecue Popcorn. It’s like being in on the secret menu at In-n-Out Burger.
Yelp Events on East Passyunk
Some Yelp events require a reservation or RSVP, check out the highlights below.
Tuesday May 15th: “Office Hours,” a totally work-free event, is open to anyone from 5-7pm at Black N Brew. Your first coffee or tea is free thanks to Yelp Philly.
Wednesday May 16th: For the East Passyunk Bar Crawl, revelers will meet at 6pm at the Fountain Farmer’s Market and move on to Cantina Los Caballitos. Through the night they’ll stop at South Philly Bar & Grill and Royal Tavern, before ending the evening at Ray’s Happy Birthday Bar.
Friday May 18th: Blush Beauty Bar will be offering complimentary services like mini-makeovers while Fabric Horse will be providing complimentary drinks to anyone that stops by, both from 6 to 8 p.m.
Saturday May 19th: Free classes like beginner’s yoga at local businesses, as well as a Tap Takeover at The Bottle Shop, where four taps will be turned over to Hawaii’s Kona Brewing Company from 7-9 p.m. $15 gets you free refills and the folks from The Bottle Shop will be open to chat.
Sunday May 20th: Sunday Supper at Stogie Joe’s, where $25 gets you a seat in their private room and a family-style feast.
Passport to East Passyunk [Yelp]
1536 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- 7th Annual East Passyunk Car Show and Street Festival
- Weekday Industry Brunch at Cantina Los Caballitos
- Cheap Dates On East Passyunk
- South Philly Bar Crawl
- Philly is the Late-Night Capital of the US
- First Look at Cantina El Caballito
- South Philly Bar Crawl
- Spirits & Suds with Santa
- Cantina Los Caballitos Kicks Off Tequila Club