Posted by Foobooz on May 11th, 2012
Starting this Sunday Brauhaus Schmitz will add brunch. Expect typical brunch items with several having quite the German accent, including a typical German breakfast of sliced meats, cheese, Brötchen, rye bread, Nutella, and a hard boiled egg.
Also on the menu, pretzel nutella French toast. Chef Jeremy Nolen tells us it is made from pretzel pieces broken up and toasted in with bread cubes, toasted hazelnuts and then drizzled with Nutella. Then it is soaked in custard and baked like bread pudding. The concoction chills overnight and then is sliced and seared in a pan. The toast is then topped with fresh mixed berries, powdered sugar and served. We have to try that out.
Brunch is served Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and goes well with German fußball.
Brauhaus Schmitz [Official Site]
718 South St, Philadelphia, PA
- Brauhaus Schmitz Turns Two
- Brauhaus Turns Three, Tears Down Wall
- Oktoberfest Week at Brauhaus Begins Today
- Thursday is Karneval at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Another Biergarten for Our Pleasure
- An Oktoberfest Gift from the Beer Gods
- Brauhaus Schmitz Knocks Through Wall, Makes Us Smile
- Brauhaus Schmitz Is Expanding
- Innovative German Brewer at Brauhaus Schmitz Tonight