Posted by Foobooz on May 14th, 2012
Bartram’s Gardens curator Joel Fry found a note describing how to make Bartram’s Homestead Bitters. The handwritten note is identified as belonging to John William Bartram (1813-1866), a great grandson of John Bartram, the botanist.
This Wednesday Bartram Gardens is hosting a “lively evening of curious cocktails and convivial company” on the banks of the Schuylkill River with drinks featuring Bartram Bitters. The recipe for the bitters has been recreated by Philadelphia Distilling and Fair Food. Cocktails will be created by Christopher Walls (Dettera), Theo Webb (Fish) and Phoebe Esmon. Snacks will be provided by Ashley Power of Power Catering Events with support from Jen and Mitch Prensky of Supper.
Admission is available at two levels, the Social Sipper price is $75 and includes admission and a bottle of Bartram Bitters. The Merry Maker is $125 and includes admission, a bottle of Bartram Bitters and a Gardener membership to Bartram Gardens.
Buy your tickets online.
Bartram Bitters [Ticket Leap]
5400 Lindbergh Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
- Kennett Turns Two and Wants to Celebrate with You
- Phoebe and Christian Out at Farmers’ Cabinet
- Sweet Treats at the Philadelphia Honey Festival
- Springtime Alchemy Happening at Emmanuelle
- Gaal and Esmon to Host Cocktail Dinner at Koo Zee Doo
- Mixologist Katie Loeb’s Book Is Now Available
- Emmanuelle, New Cocktail Bar for Northern Liberties
- About Saturday Night: Chip Roman Debuts New Candy Line and Jen Carroll Helps Out
- Rickey Night at Kennett