Posted by Foobooz on May 15th, 2012
Walgreens have been taking over Borders locations across the country and HughE Dillon has the details on mega-Walgreens going into the former Borders at Broad and Chestnut. This Walgreens will have a prepared food section, yogurt and juice bar, gourmet coffee and pastries and even a sushi bar. What might be most interesting and would raise this project from “meh” to “oh wow,” is the section on the ground floor labeled wine and beer. We imagine this is an oversight in the architect’s plans but we can dream of a day where there will be a place in Center City Philadelphia where you can pick up some food,a six-pack of beer, a bottle of wine and even your prescription drugs, all under one roof.
It’s just too crazy to be true.
WALGREENS COMES TO ONE SOUTH BROAD [PhillyChitChat]
1 S Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Chain Restaurant Could Replace Borders
- New Classes at Tria Fermentation School
- Night Lights on South Broad
- One More Way to Get George Sabatino’s Food This Summer
- Tashan: Tale of the Tape
- New Life for Boot & Saddle on Broad Street
- Now Closed: Italian Bistro On Broad Street
- Check Out Sbraga’s Wine Dinner Menu
- Precipitous Perch for Perch Pub