Posted by Foobooz on May 18th, 2012
The Travel Channel’s Food Paradise is filming at two Philly locations this weekend. On Friday from 12 to 2 p.m. Food Paradise will be heading to Jake’s Sandwich Board to film the shop’s Garlic Bomb, a cheeseteak with roasted garlic, sautéed garlic, and deep fried garlic cloves. Jake’s is looking for a few adventurous eaters to be filmed doing the 5-Pound Philly Challenge with the Garlic Bomb as a two-footer, accompanying the challenge’s four soft pretzels, a whole box of TastyKakes, 24 Peanut Chews, and a Champ Cherry soda – in 45 minutes or less. What this has to do with paradise, we’ll never know.
On Saturday the film crew moves to Hot Diggity! from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The hotdog shop’s owner Keith Garabedian would like the place to be packed for filming as the show plans on interviewing customers about their favorite dogs. Hot Diggity! will also be debuting their new homemade sodas on Saturday, including flavors like root beer and maple lemonade.
So if you would like to be on TV and/or love insanely garlic-filled food challenges, head to Jake’s and Hot Diggity! and maybe you’ll be “discovered.”
Jake's Sandwich Board
122 S 12th St, Philadelphia, PA
- So You Think You Can Work That Wiener?
- Buffalo Buffalo Dog Is Hot Dog of the Month at Hot Diggity
- An Update On The Hot Diggity Hot Dog Cart
- Four Local Restaurants on United States of Bacon Tonight
- Foobooz Hot Dog Day, Part 1: Hot Diggity Hits The Bricks (Insert Wiener Joke Here)
- It’s What’s For Lunch: Free Pig!!!
- Jake’s Sandwich Board Giving It Away Again
- Who’s Following Jennifer Carroll?
- Free Lunch at Jake’s Sandwich Board