Posted by Aubrey Nagle on May 21st, 2012
Though it isn’t even unofficially summer until Memorial Day, Jose Garces is kicking off the season early this year with a clambake at JG Domestic on Wednesday, May 23rd at 6:30 p.m. For $55 patrons get a family-style seafood dinner and unlimited pours of six featured Allagash Brewing Company beers.
The menu for the night starts with house-made dried pork sausage and “cave-aged” Landaff cheese. For the main course guests will be served a garden salad made from ingredients grown in Garces’ Bucks County farm, as well as cod chowder and a clambake of little neck clams, Maine mussels, shrimp, and sausage. And for dessert? Whoopie pies.
As important, the Allagash brews paired with the meal include: White, Dubbel and Triple, Curieux, Black, and Four, “brewed with four malts, four sugars and four hop varieties and fermented four times with four different yeast strains.” Sounds intense.
For clambake-and-unlimited-Allagash reservations call 215-222-2363 of go online.
JG Domestic [Official Site]
2929 Arch St., Philadelphia, PA
- Sixpoint Barbeque Dinner at JG Domestic
- JG and the Great Pumpkin
- Fish Fry with Bell’s Brewery at JG Domestic
- Chifa Hosting Allagash Beer Dinner
- JG Domesticâ€™s Latest Review
- Giant Clambake
- Jose Garces Debuting New Cookbook With Launch Dinner
- JG Domestic Offers Lunchtime Blue Plate Special
- Check Out JG Domestic’s Spring Menu