Posted by Tara Nurin on May 22nd, 2012
The city’s beer world is more buzzed than usual today about Philly Beer Scene’s annual Best Of awards. Instead of announcing the awards as per usual in an issue of the magazine, editor-in-chief Mat Falco (he’s the one you’ve seen around town triumphantly sporting that wild white-boy ‘fro lion’s mane) is hosting a proper red-carpet-style awards ceremony Downstairs at World Café Live tonight. Jose Pistola’s owner Joe Gunn will emcee and local beer celebs will present. (What, me sniffing about not being asked? Surely not. Especially because several of the presenters’ names are misspelled on the PBS website.)
A local band or three will play, and guests are being asked to dress as if they were attending the Grammies–which will definitely be the first time anyone’s seen Tom Kehoe in a tie. Each nominee for Brewery of the Year will get one draft line for the event, and each Best Brewer nominee gets to supply his own firkin.
We’ll report tomorrow on the winners.
Philly Beer Scene [Official website]
- About Last Night: Philly Beer Scene Award Winners
- Best of Be Well Philly
- Rosés and Rieslings at A.kitchen
- Best of Philly, Mapped!
- Best of Philly On Stands, Worst of Philly Is Right Here
- Best Of Philly Day
- Philly’s Best Fries…Revealed!
- Best Of Philly: Sliders, Cake And A Shoe For Lunch
- Best of Philly Voting Ends Monday, P&K Giving Away Burgers Today