Posted by Foobooz on May 23rd, 2012
“As cozy as a family gathering” is how Brian Freedman describes dinner at Nomad Pizza. We wished all family gatherings came with pizzas like this.
This means, for example, that the soppressata (from a small butcher in Union, N.J.) on its eponymous pizza is more than just a conduit for a vaguely porky flavor. It’s deeply flavorful, palm-sized, and round-kissed with just enough spice to justify the drizzle of local honey applied to it prior to its stint in the oven. The mingling of the salty-spicy juices of the soppressata and the deeper notes of the olive oil create a far more complex and complete riff on a pepperoni pizza than this city has seen in some time.
- Another Good Review for Nomad Pizza
- Nomad Pizza Making Progress
- Nomad Comes Close to Perfection
- Tale of the Tape: Nomad Pizza Company
- Foobooz TV: Nomad Pizza, Ready For Its Close Up
- Nomad Pizza Gets a Beer List
- Nomad Pizza Wandering To Philly
- Nomad Pizza Closing for a 10-Day Pizza Expedition
- Sunset Set for Horizons