Posted by Foobooz on May 29th, 2012
It’s a celebration of the pig at Marc Vetri’s Alla Spina. Trey Popp reviews the North Broad Street gastropub meets trattoria.
Philadelphia has long been a cultural conservator for classic Italian-American cuisine, with the emphasis put firmly on conservative. Alla Spina, though, plays looser, imagining that culinary fusion anew: how it looks in a time when bar counters are replacing white tablecloths, Fryolators are busier than pasta pots, and Mama’s red gravy has none of the cultural cachet of pig flesh served straight off the skull.
Two-and-a-half Stars (Good to Excellent)
Philadelphia Restaurant Review: Alla Spina Goes Hog-Wild in Fairmount [Philadelphia magazine]
Alla Spina [Official Site]
600 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA
- Adam Erace at Alla Spina
- Alla Spina Will Make a Man Out of You
- Three Bells for Alla Spina
- Alla Spina Progressing
- Stay Home for the Holidays at Alla Spina
- Alla Spina Is Now Open
- Alla Spina Adds Seven Days of Happy Hours
- Schoolly D DJing at Alla Spina This Thursday
- Alla Spina and Victory Launch New Beer Tonight