Posted by Aubrey Nagle on May 31st, 2012
As of May 21st The Franklin Mortgage and Investment Co. is now three years old. To celebrate this milestone The Franklin, lead by Head Bartender Al Sotack, has come up with a special “Best Of” menu. The “Best Of” will feature drinks from the first and second of The Franklin’s quarterly-changing menus from back in 2009.
Offered from June 4th to June 30th the list starts with the usual “Required Reading”, but now with a selection of classics from when The Franklin was just starting out, like the Champs Elysses. Followed by the “Easy Going” section (for softer cocktails like Main Line Wine) and “The Flowing Bowl” – returning three punch bowl favorites – the menu revives all The Franklin’s best concoctions. “Rebellious Spirits” get two pages of the menu, as usual, but brings back everything from the Inland Julep to the Royal Burgh. The list finishes up by adding cocktails like Restraining Order and Cowboy Killer (one of Philadelphia magazine’s 20 best drinks in Philadelphia) back to the “I Asked Her For Water, She Brought Me Gasoline” menu.
Congratulate The Franklin by trying some of their throwback offerings, but do it before July 1st, when they change once again to the Mid-Summer menu.
Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co. [Official Site]
Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co.
112 S 18th St, Philadelphia, PA
- New Drink Menu for Fall at Franklin Mortgage
- Franklin Mortgage Expanding
- The Franklin Bar Tale Of The Tape
- Playboy Lists Franklin Mortgage as One of Nation’s Top Bars (For Those Of You Who Actually Do Want To Read Playboy For The Articles)
- Tonight: Free Drinks At Franklin Mortgage (No, Really)
- Lemon Hill Takes Over the Food at Franklin Mortgage
- Tonight: Celebrate the Franklin’s Birthday
- Franklin Unveils Newest Drink Menu
- Wednesday Night Happy Hours Return
This entry was posted on Thursday, May 31st, 2012 at 10:27 am and is filed under Drink, Events, News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.