Posted by Foobooz on June 6th, 2012
Center City Sips runs of every Wednesday night through the end of summer offering happy hour deals. In the past few years we’ve seen some crappy choices but prices are up a bit and some bars are offering better options with their $5 cocktails, $4 glasses of wine, $3 beers and half-priced appetizers. Check out where to find the best Center City Sips deals.
One option for Center City Sips is anywhere outdoors, open air happy hours are inherently happier hours (weather permitting).
- The Corner – We love the deck and the sound of their cocktails. One Jalapeno Lemonade to be quickly followed by Boom Swagger Sangria. Then there’s John Taus’s truffle short rib sliders.
- Crosswalk Cafe – Drink outside as you overlook Independence Hall.
- M Restaurant at The Morris House Hotel – $3 Flying Fishes in a lovely courtyard? Done.
- Marathon (1818 Market) – Ample room to chill and people watch.
- Raw – We always feel like we’ve struck upon something special when we enter Raw’s courtyard.
- Sampan – The Graffiti Bar has always been a good spot to post up for Center City Sips.
- Table 31 – Soak up the sun at the Plaza Cafe in front of the Comcast Center.
- Top of the Tower – Not outdoors but what a view. Top of the Tower is participating from 50 floors above Center City.
Going in search of something more than light beer and syrupy cocktails? Here are some better Center City Sips drinks.
- Alfa – With Carlos Ruiz having an all-star year we’re happy to order a Chooooooch! cocktail.
- Bar – If you’re the kind of person who likes pickleback shots, recoice, they’re $5 during Center City Sips.
- Farmers’ Cabinet – $3 is a great deal for the bar’s Cabinet Artisanal Brews.
- Milk Boy – $3 Sly Fox and windows that open wide to the street.
- Opa – Sansom Street’s Greek restaurant is including a couple of Greek wines among their drink selections.
- Perch Pub – House-infused vodka, Sly Fox Pale Ale and a great view of Broad Street.
- Square Peg – Dogfish Head Festina Peche for $3 and fried chicken tacos on special too.
- Tequilas – If you cannot trust Tequilas for a margarita, who can you trust?
- Vintage – The house wines at Vintage my be your best oenophile option.
Center City Sips participants offer half-priced apps. Here are some of the tastier sounding options.
- 10 Arts – Wild striped bass ceviche and tropical white sangria. Seems like a good night.
- Caribou Cafe – solid slider options like steak and Roquefort and Smoked Salmon and Boursin. Point and laugh at the Irish Pub denizens across the way who are eating chips and queso at an Irish bar.
- Devil’s Alley – Half-priced wings make the Alley a solid choice.
- Smokin’ Betty’s – Extensive selection of half-priced apps.
- Square 1682 – We’re just suckers for truffle popcorn.