Posted by Aubrey Nagle on June 11th, 2012
The Hop Chef Competition is Tuesday July 10th at World Café Live and Philadelphia area chefs will be using their imaginations to create and pair dishes with Ommegang ales. This competition is one of a series being held around the nation to look for the Hop Chef, and whoever wins will move on to compete for the ultimate title at the Belgium Comes to Cooperstown event at the Ommegang brewery.
Each chef will be creating two dishes – one for Great Beer and one for Great Food – in an attempt to move on to the final round. In addition to the chefs heading to Cooperstown today, Jason Cichonski (Ela) and Jon Cichon (Lacroix) will also be competing. Tickets are on sale for $55.
To purchase tickets click here.
Great Beer Deserves Great Food [Official Site]
- Ommegang Hop Chef Returns to Philadelphia
- Who Will Become Philly’s Next Hop Chef?
- About Last Night: Hop Chef
- Ommegang Scythe & Sickle and More
- Duvel Rustica Launches at Stateside
- Ommegang Hop Chef Announces Judges, Beers
- All Aboard the Craft Beer Express
- Handmade Hot Sauce Contest At Tattooed Mom
- Yards Real Ale Invitational