Posted by Aubrey Nagle on June 15th, 2012
STARR Events will be hosting a three-day Tiki Pop-Up restaurant event from Thusday, June 28 to Saturday the 30th at the Philadelphia Museum of Art East Terrace. Each night from 6 to 9 p.m. for $48 patrons can enjoy Polynesian flavors and entertainment meant to accompany the PMA’s newest exhibit Gauguin, Cezanne, Matisse: Visions of Arcadia.
Menu items include a whole-roasted pig (of course), Polynesian-style chicken and barbecued brisket with pineapple upside cake as a dessert choice. Admission also includes one free drink from the outdoor Tiki Bar with choices like the Pink Flamingo, The Big Kahuna, and the classic Mai Tai. (After your free drink there is a cash bar all night).
Popular steel drum band Trinadelphia will be providing the Polynesian music for the night and the whole East Terrace will be decorated “Tiki-Style.”
Could this be Stephen Starr’s prelude to an honest to goodness, Philadelphia Tiki bar? We can only wish.
To make a reservation please call 215-684-7990 .
Philadelphia Museum of Art
26th Street Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia, PA
- Tapestry To Host Tiki Tuesdays
- Tiki Pop-Up This Sunday at Lemon Hill
- Sailor Jerry Takes Over Tiki Thursday At Rum Bar
- Katie Loeb and Adam Kanter are Doing a Tiki Pop-Up
- Wine At The Philadelphia Museum Of Art
- Hot Toddy Guide
- Could Duke’s Surf Bar Answer Our Tiki Dreams
- The Return of the Tiki Bar? I Wish…
- Tiki and Beer Coming to 6th and Spring Garden