Posted by Foobooz on June 18th, 2012
While much has been made of Mitt Romney ordering a meatball SUB at Wawa this weekend (oh the humanity), we were taken back to 2003 when then Presidential hopeful John Kerry butchered his cheesesteak order at Pat’s Steaks. Here’s Craig LaBan’s 0-bell take on that ordering gaffe.
Swiss cheese, as any local knows, is not an option. The Massachusetts Democrat may as well have asked for cave-aged Appenzeller. But even when Kerry was given a proper cheesesteak hoagie, he made matters worse by delicately nibbling at it as if it were tea toast.
Photo oop: Kerry eats a cheesesteak hoagie … with Swiss cheese [Philadelphia Inquirer]
1237 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Dodgers Pay Homage to Philadelphia, We Guess We’re Honored?
- It’s Donovan’s Fault
- Around the Web: Classics Edition
- Reader Mail: Philly Loses World’s Largest Cheesesteak Title To Tuscon, Where We’re Pretty Sure There’s A Good Chance That the World’s Largest Cheesesteak Completely Sucks, Even If They Are Using Amoroso Rolls And The Dude’s From South Philly
- UPDATED: Non-Traditional Cheesesteaks In Philly
- Fourth of July, Philly Style: The Hot Dog Cheesesteak Hoagie
- Hoagies & Cheesesteaks Living Together!
- Geno’s Joey Vento Dead at 71
- Philadelphia in the New York Times: Starr 5, Cheesesteaks 0