Posted by Aubrey Nagle on June 20th, 2012
When the temperature hits triple-digits this week it might be nice to have a cool, refreshing beverage in your hand. And what would be better than that would be a cool, refreshing, alcoholic beverage. With that in mind, these six Philly spots will have you beating the heat in no time.
Ice Pops at Davio’s
Davio’s North Italian Steakhouse will be offering up some alcohol-infused ice pops for just $5 this Wednesday June 20 and Thursday June 21 only. With flavors like Prosecco, Watermelon & Mint, and Pina Colada they’ll be hard to pass up.Davio’s (Center City West)
111 S. 17th St.
(215) 563-4810 Ice Pops $5
New Orleans Daiquiris on South St.
For Original New Orleans Daiquiris head to Fat Tuesday on South Street. Their flavors range from classics like Long Island Iced Tea and Mojitos in frozen daiquiri form to concoctions like the Banana Banshee and the Crawgator, a mix of tropical flavors.Fat Tuesday (South Street)
431 South St.
(215) 629-5999 Daiquiris $8-10
Frozen Mint Juleps
Khyber Pass Pub serves up a frozen Mint Julep out of its slushy machine to create the most refreshing and classic of frozen cocktails.Khyber Pass Pub (Old City)
56 S. 2nd St.
(215) 238-5888 Frozen Mint Julep $6.60
Crazy Spiked Shakes at PYT
If you’re looking for some crazy combos for your cool-down try PYT’s spiked milkshakes. Test out the Birthday Cake Shake (with bits of real cake and a cupcake on top) or The Dude (vanilla ice cream, vanilla liquer, and Kahlua of course).PYT (Northern Liberties)
1050 N. Hancock St.
(215) 964-9009 Spiked shakes $11
Bobby Flay’s Shakes and More
At this celebri-chef’s West Philly location, Bobby’s Burger Palace, the menu includes a series of spiked shakes – like Vanilla Carmel Bourbon and Mocha Kahlua – and a special Frozen Cactus Pear Margarita for just $5.Bobby’s Burger Palace (University City)
3925 Walnut St.
(215) 387-0378 Spiked shakes $7.50, Margarita $5
Daiquiris at Rum Bar
Though they change up their drink menu every season, Rum Bar keeps a list of classic daiquiris on hand at all times. From the traditional to the Fuzzy, Waikiki and Hemingway varieties, they’ve got a taste for everyone. That is, if you like frozen drinks.Rum Bar (Center City West)
2005 Walnut St.
(215) 751-0404 Daiquiris $11-14 Daiquiri photo is courtesy of Rum Bar
- Davio’s Beating the Heat With Booze
- Bobby Flay’s South Beach Wine & Food Festival Winning Burger Available All Week
- Tomorrow’s Run for the Roses
- Suburban Snacks: Bobby Flay in Cherry Hill, Zeppoli Opens Tonight
- Tonight: The Khyber Turns One, Again
- Shake Shack To Open With Philly Flavored Treats: See the Menu
- Six Pack: Non-Traditional Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia
- Suburban Snacks: Bobby Flay in Cherry Hill, P&K in Glassboro
- Six Pack: Philadelphia’s Zombie-Proof Restaurants