Posted by Foobooz on June 21st, 2012
Brian Freedman visits with Hop Sing Laundromat’s Lêe and finds out more about the man and his bar than even Freedman expected.
As for the drinks themselves—I’ve tasted maybe a dozen and a half of them, both as part of our interview as well as as a customer—Hop Sing’s are remarkably well-balanced and complex, and often succeed in unexpected, or at least too-rarely-seen, ways. With his sixth sense for flavor and balance, and with senior bartender Robert Fuentevilla on the team, the reality of Hop Sing hasn’t just met the pre-opening buzz—it has well exceeded it.
Photo of The “Failed Entertainment” | Felicia Perretti
Hop Sing Laundromat
1029 Race St, Philadelphia, PA
- LaBan Is the Latest to Fall Under the Hop Sing Spell
- Adam Erace at Hop Sing Laundromat
- So There’s This Letter on Hop Sing’s Web Site …
- This Weekend’s Cocktail List at Hop Sing Laundromat
- One Step Closer To A Hop Sing Opening?
- The Hop Sing Laundromat Dress Code
- Taste Illustrated: The Hop Sing Laundromat Drunk Walk
- Hop Sing Laundromat in Details Magazine
- Homegrown Ingredients Make the Difference at Baan Thai