Posted by Jason Sheehan on June 21st, 2012
Or at least that’s what Travel + Leisure says in their June issue. Dig it:
Philly spray-paint artists Distort, A Lot and Rune tagged the walls and tables at this colorful 30-seat bar. The look is a little rough—enclosed by chain-link fencing at the back of the Asian restaurant Sampan—but the seasonal cocktails are clean and crisp. Try the refreshing Sampantini (Hendricks Gin, aloe vera, and cucumber) and time your visit to happy hour for $2 satays and a cocktail of the day (Monday–Friday 4–7 p.m.). A clear enclosed ceiling keeps the party going even on rainy days.
We actually think that slightly “rough” look is half the charm, but whatever. Once things cool down a little (basically just to the point where we don’t require air conditioning to prevent us from bursting into flames), Graffiti Bar would be the perfect place to stop for a couple quick drinks and some satay.
122 S 13th St, Philadelphia, PA
- New Menus at Sampan
- Details on Opa’s Drury Street Beer Garden
- Midtown Village Fall Festival Gets Bigger Every Year
- Opa Opens a Secret Beer Garden
- Opa Offering a Holiday Lunch Special
- Happy 4710 – It’s the Year of the Dragon
- Outdoor Dining and a Sausage Cart Coming to Red Owl Tavern
- Corner Moves BBQ to Saturdays, Still Sounds Good
- Fish Has Reopened with Small Plates and Courtyard Seating