Posted by Jason Sheehan on June 22nd, 2012
Hop Sing Laundromat (as it looks today) retains an air of secrecy
Danya Henninger knows a thing or two about bars. And about drinking at bars. And about where to go when drinking at a bar is exactly what you need. As editor of The Drink Nation and Philly editor for Zagat.com, she gets to write a lot about her favorite subject (booze), and a couple days ago she put together a very nice list of Philly’s “secret” bars.
And while yes, none of these places are actually secret (ask Lee from Hop Sing how long a secret can stay secret in this town), what this really is is a list of out-of-the-way and/or professional-level boozing establishments where the art of drinking is taken just as seriously as the art of mixing cocktails. The list includes such excellent watering holes as Fiume, Connie’s Ric-Rac, the subterranean 12 Steps Down and the aforementioned Hop Sing Laundromat, so check it out, won’t you? And then, when you’re done, come on back to Foobooz for our list of the 50 Best Bars (both secret-y and not-so) in Philly.
Happy weekend, everyone.
Philadelphia’s Secret Bars [Zagat]
50 Best Bars in Philadelphia [Foobooz]
- Taste Illustrated: The Hop Sing Laundromat Drunk Walk
- It’s Cocktail Week at Fiume, The Best Bar You Have Never Been To
- Connie’s Ric-Rac Looks to Expand
- USA Defeats Spain, a Great Photo of a Bar & More
- One Step Closer To A Hop Sing Opening?
- Behind the Scenes of Lee and Hop Sing
- Hop Sing Laundromat in Details Magazine
- LaBan Is the Latest to Fall Under the Hop Sing Spell
- The Hop Sing Laundromat Dress Code