Posted by Aubrey Nagle on June 22nd, 2012
Suddenly Jason Evenchik has an empire. The man behind Time/Bar/Vintage and the upcoming Garage in South Philadelphia is also partnering with Jay Willard (Dandelion and El Vez) to open Growlers in the previous home of Vesuvio and Little Bar at 8th and Fitzwater.
Evenchik tells us that Growlers will be a gastropub with a living room feel. The wood burning fireplace in the dining room will be a focal point.
Evenchik’s other project Garage is coming along but slowly. The landlord is still finishing up his end of the work. If you’re at Bar you can pick up a wooden nickel with the likeness of Justin, the head bar man on it. He’ll be heading to Garage when it finally does open.
But that’s not all that’s that’s happening. Josh McCullough, former Executive Chef at Time is now Director of Operations and Sean Magee has ascended to Exec Chef, while Craig Russell steps in as sous chef.
Growlers Replacing Vesuvio [The Insider]
736 S 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Jerry Donahue Named Chef at Growlers
- The Garage In South Philly: Giving Food Trucks Roots
- Details Emerge on Passyunk Avenue’s Garage
- East Passyunk Shows No Signs of Slowing Down
- Adam Erace Reviews Growlers at 8th and Fitzwater
- Growlers Guide Updated as More and More Bars Get in the Spirit
- Quick Bites
- Dirt About Time
- Left Hand Releasing Bottled Nitro Stouts Tonight at Growlers