Posted by Foobooz on June 26th, 2012
A liquor license application next door to Frankford Hall reveals Stephen Starr isn’t done with Philadelphia yet. His name is on the liquor license application for 1204-08 Frankford Avenue. At least part of that parcel is an empty lot while the other address is within a recently refurbished building that includes a financial company and upstairs yoga studio.
According to the Fishtown Neighbor’s Association web site the project is described as”a cafe with takeout, outdoor seating, and a liquor license.”
When Starr was reached for comment he told our Victor Fiorillo that he couldn’t tell us for five days. Until then we guess we’ll just speculate. The corporation assigned to the liquor license is BSSS Partners LP. We’re guessing the SS is Stephen Starr, anyone want to guess who the BS is?
Update: HipCityVeg owner Nicole Marquis tells us she does not have any plans to open on Frankford Avenue.
- Fette Sau Coming to Fishtown
- Beer Garden to be Frankford Hall
- Through the Knothole at Fette Sau
- Around the Web: Frankford Hall Edition
- Tale of the Tape: Frankford Hall
- Speculating on Stephen Starr’s Hotels
- Ansill Getting a Paint Job
- Tale of the Tape: Fette Sau
- Infographic: Stephen Starr’s Wine & Spirits Bill