Posted by Foobooz on July 2nd, 2012
Trey Popp finds that the crowds are worth braving at Stateside where he finds George Sabatino and his staff are dolling out the pleasures.
[N]ow you bite into asparagus ribbons stained with pickle juice redolent of sunshine on a Florida orange. Next you’re spooning up a quail-egg-crowned tartare of top sirloin and filet tails strewn with hazelnuts. Then you feel droplets of house-made chili oil tingle your tongue amidst the refreshing springtime coolness of a lightly creamed pea soup pooled around crab lumps tinged with jalapeño, and any worry you had is replaced by a growing certainty that nothing can possibly go wrong, because the line cooks are absolutely crushing it.
Three Stars – Excellent
Philadelphia Restaurant Review: Stateside Cooks From the Heart [Philadelphia magazine]
Stateside [Official Site]
1536 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Eat, Drink and Enjoy Stateside
- Stateside Receives Enthusiastic Two Bell Review
- George Sabatino Reveals Stateside’s New Menu
- Playful Ideas Succeed at Stateside
- Stateside Continues Rolling Out New Dishes
- Collaborative Dinner at Stateside
- Stateside Adds Happy Hour
- Stateside’s George Sabatino Heading Out on His Own
- Stateside Adds Lunch