Posted by Aubrey Nagle on July 5th, 2012
This July 6th, as part of First Friday gallery events, Hawk Krall will be showing his work at Space 1026 from 6 to 10 p.m. Hawk Krall is a local artist who specializes in drawing crazy hot dogs and the streets of Philly in his signature style, as well as writing about hot dogs for Serious Eats. Krall is the also artist behind the illustrations of Hot Diggity’s menu, the Po-Boy t-shirts for Khyber Pass Pub, and our Foobooz East Passyunk Totes.
Though there will be no hot dog illustrations at the gallery opening there is sure to be a great deal of Krall’s take on Philadelphia in mostly black and white with a few full color paintings on wood. More importantly, of course, there will be beer and tomato pie. Yes, I repeat: beer and tomato pie. Awesome artwork from a fellow foodie, with food….do you need any more reasons to go?
1026 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Hawk Krall Po-Boy Tees Available at the Khyber
- Hot Dogs, History, and Beer at Hot Diggity
- Fry Bread Pop Up Test Run Looks Good
- The Dog Days of Summer on South Street
- The Shiprock Pop-Up: In Which Navajo Tacos Will Be Served On The East Coast For Probably The First Time Ever
- Foobooz Store Now Open For Your Shopping Pleasure
- Philadelphia Ties in the Latest Lucky Peach
- So You Think You Can Work That Wiener?
- Finally, A Reason To Stop Whining About First Fridays