Posted by Aubrey Nagle on July 6th, 2012
On Friday, July 27th London kicks off its Olympics. Eight days earlier in South Philadelphia, we have the Pizza Olympics. From 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, July 19th, South Philly Review is holding its fourth annual Pizza Olympics down at Penns Landing Caterers at 1301 S. Columbus Blvd. A reasonable $10 gets you admission to the event and free samples from 15 local pizza joints.
There will be music, raffles, giveaways and DJs. You must be 18 to attend and tickets are available online or at the door (in limited quantity).
Pizza Olympics Participants
- Aversa Bakery
- Cacia’s Bakery
- Chickie’s & Pete’s
- J&J Pizza
- Key Pizza
- Nomad Pizza
- Paulie’s Pizza
- Pizzeria Pesto
- Powelton Pizza
- Santucci’s Pizza
- South View Pizza
- Wise Fries
Check out Drew Lazor’s previous coverage of the Pizzalympics at the end of City Paper’s “Waiting for Good Dough” piece from a couple years back.
- Tonight: Pizza Olympics
- Feds Investigating Chickie’s and Pete’s
- Six Pack: Non-Traditional Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Heads to… Missouri?!?!
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Accused of Skimming Tips
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Hit With Whistle Blower Suit
- Nomad Pizza Wandering To Philly
- Vegan Pizza Day
- More Than Just Pizza at Santucci’s, But It’s Still About the Pizza