Posted by Foobooz on July 9th, 2012
Brauhaus Schmitz has been knocking down the wall between the original bar and its soon to be open expanded side this a.m. And they’ve been documenting the progress on Twitter, including the awesome pic above.
They’re aiming to have the addition ready for the weekend of July 20th. The addition will increase the square footage of the restaurant by more than 2,000 square feet and will include ten additional beer taps (for a grand total of 30) and 75 more dining seats.T he room will feature a bar top cut from a single spruce tree, a reclaimed antique stove from 1880 that has been converted to gas, a custom beer tower that will have an operational steam whistle (in lieu of a tip bell), and a new six-foot square Stammtisch constructed of Fermentation tank staves from the old Ortlieb’s brewery.
Brauhaus Schmitz [Official Site]
718 South St, Philadelphia, PA
- Brauhaus Turns Three, Tears Down Wall
- Brauhaus Schmitz Is Expanding
- Thursday is Karneval at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Tonight: Brauhaus Schmitz Introduces More German Beers
- An Oktoberfest Gift from the Beer Gods
- Innovative German Brewer at Brauhaus Schmitz Tonight
- Beer, Hog’s Knuckles And Wieners By The Meter at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Brauhaus Schmitz Turns Two
- Barrel Carving Arrives Just in Time at Brauhaus Schmitz