Posted by Foobooz on July 30th, 2012
Trey Popp checks in on Le Bec Fin alum Nick Elmi to see what he’s doing at Rittenhouse Tavern, the latest restaurant to live in the Art Alliance building on Rittenhouse Square.
[S]ummer found Elmi breathing real personality into his creations. Plancha-seared octopus arms sprawled across a black smear of blood sausage, fermented garlic and squid ink—a brilliantly funky foil for the half-moons of apricot glistening above it. In a cool, minty potage of pureed romaine, spinach, cucumber, peas and dill, he had hidden a globe of horseradish ice cream between citrus-poached shrimps. It didn’t burn so much as sparkle.
Two-and-a-half stars (Good to Excellent)
Philadelphia Restaurant Review: Fresh Surprises at Rittenhouse Tavern [Philadelphia Magazine]
Rittenhouse Tavern [Official Site]
251 South 18th Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Le Bec’s Nick Elmi Lands at Upcoming Rittenhouse Tavern
- Rittenhouse Tavern Starts Weekend Brunch
- Nick Elmi and Rittenhouse Tavern Get Three Bells from Craig LaBan
- Tale of the Tape: Rittenhouse Tavern
- The Prettiest Thing We Ate This Weekend
- Good Stuff and a Slip-Up at Rittenhouse Tavern
- The New Le Bec Fin Reviewed
- About the Food at A.Kitchen
- Weird Science: Ideas In Food Workshop/Dinner at Rittenhouse Tavern