Posted by Aubrey Nagle on July 31st, 2012
Deva Watson, a server at Pub & Kitchen has recently been hired to teach art at a charter school in Southwest Philadelphia. Unfortunately her classroom needs some help, so Deva has signed on the sustainable company Greensaw Design and Build to create a new classroom pro bono. But after losing state funding for the initial costs, Deva has to find a new way to raise the money, all while working 80 hour weeks between teaching and serving to cover art supply costs.
Enter Pub & Kitchen owner Ed Hackett. He has offered to hold one of P&K’s Bring Your Own Vinyl nights with all proceeds benefitting the build of Deva’s classroom. For the fundraiser, which is on Monday, August 6th at 9 p.m , Sixpoint Brewery has been nice enough to donate a keg of P&K Pale Ale. Those beers will be $3 and Heaven Hill shots will be $5. So drink up, it’s for the kids!
In the meantime, check out Deva’s project and donate to her at http://www.indiegogo.com/mydivingbell.
Pub & Kitchen [Official Site]
- Tonight Pub & Kitchen Hosts Benefit
- Pub & Kitchen Announces New Chef, Renovations Date
- Bedford’s A Go
- Foobooz TV: An Interview with Pub & Kitchen’s “Jonny Mac”
- National Root Beer Float Day at Percy Street
- Haitian Relief
- Pub & Kitchen Adds Fat Mermaid to New Menu
- Side Project Jerky “Meat and Greet”
- Rhetoric Heats Up in Burger Bracket