Posted by Jason Sheehan on July 31st, 2012
Over at Eater, they’re reporting that the space recently vacated by Old City douche-magnet Mad River is shortly to become Craft & Claw a crab-and-craft-beer joint (get it?) being brought to town by Max Tucker of Baltimore’s Bond Street Social. We talked about this a few days ago when the news about Mad City first broke (to much raucous applause), but it’s good to get confirmation.
So what will one find at Craft & Claw? Lots of crab. Lots of beer. Chef Nick Fabian from Anastasi Seafood. And, likely, us since all three of those things sound pretty good right about now.
Tragically, there’s no opening date set yet. Or even hinted at. So the odds are pretty bad that the place will be open by, say, dinner time tonight.
Craft & Claw Replacing Mad River In Old City [Eater Philly]
- Craft & Claw Aims to “Undouche” Old City
- Mad River in Old City Closes
- Craft & Claw Closes in Old City
- Craft & Claw: Eat Here, Get Crabs
- Manayunk Madness?
- Tonight (And Tomorrow): Anniversary Dinners At Fork
- Fall Restaurant Openings: What We’re Looking Forward To
- Mad River To Open New Spot On Sansom
- Bierstube Coming To Old City