Posted by Jason Sheehan on August 3rd, 2012
That whole Chick-fil-A/gay marriage controversy? It’s never going to go away. Over on the Philly Post, Victor Fiorillo reports on the era of the “Protest Sandwich”–which begins with the new Chick-Phil-Gay being done by (who else?) Tommy Up from PYT.
Unsurprisingly, Tommy has a few things to say about it:
It’s a boneless breast of chicken seasoned to perfection, hand-breaded, cooked in peanut oil and served on a toasted, buttered bun with dill pickle chips. Served with waffle fries, it’s oddly familiar, but with 100% less hatred. For every Chick-Phil-Gay we sell, we’ll donate $1 to the Mazzoni Center, an organization that provides counseling and health services for LGBTQ Philadelphians. Oh, and while you’re here, try one of our famous hand-spun adultshakes. They’re the gayest shakes in town.
Check out the full Chick-Phil-Gay story over on the Philly Post. And then show your support for free speech, gay rights, delicious chicken sandwiches and an end to idiocy by running on down to PYT to try one for yourself.
PYT Introduces Chick-Phil-Gay Sandwich [Philly Post]
- Joey Vento: A Tribute In Meat (And Irony)
- Freebie Friday: Ikea, Chick-Fil-A and Dobbs Want To Feed You
- Six Pack: Frozen Drinks to Beat the Heat
- Emmanuelle, New Cocktail Bar for Northern Liberties
- Turducken Sandwiches and Pumpkin Pie Shakes
- PYT Is Offering a Han Dynasty Burger
- The Buzz Comes From More Than The Shakes
- Exclusive Chai Shake at Shake Shack This Week
- 2 Burgers, One Day