Posted by Foobooz on August 6th, 2012
Though Local 44 has been serving from scratch food since its opening almost four years ago, the West Philadelphia bar is just now hiring its first executive chef, Justin Bennett. The former chef de cuisine at Zinc and has also been spotted in the kitchens of Stateside, Kennett and The Corner comes to the job.
The menu changes will be rolled out slowly with the goal being to step up the food game at Local 44 and become more of a food destination.
Also of note, starting on Friday, August 10th the Bottle Shop at Local 44 will be slashing the prices on some inventory as they want to clear out some room for all of the Fall beers that are right around the corner.
Local 44 [Official Site]
4333 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
- Local 44′s Bottle Shop Opens Monday, More Pliny to be Tapped
- Cantastic Savings and a Memorial Day Brunch at Local 44
- Local 44 Gets Bottle Shop Approval
- Need a Gluten Free Beer with Your Turkey?
- Clown Shoes and Great Divide Also Taking Over Taps Today
- UPDATE: Moon Out at Talula’s Garden
- Pliny The Elder and Much More on Tap Today
- Local 44 Expanding in West Philly
- New Chef for Resurrection Ale House