Posted by Aubrey Nagle on August 7th, 2012
Thursday August 9th through Saturday August 11th Reading Terminal Market will be hosting the 23rd Annual Pennsylvania Dutch Festival. During this three day festival from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. the Market’s center court will be host to handmade crafts like quilts, woodcrafts, and wooden toys.
Market staples like Beiler’s Bakery, Hatville Deli, L. Halteman Family Country Foods, Sweet as Fudge, Miller’s Twist, The Grill at Smucker’s and Kaufman’s Lancaster County Produce will be selling their wares. Traditional foods will be on hand with everything from fresh made peanut butter and jam to homemade ice cream, fudge, brittles, and donuts. Did we mention there will be homemade donuts? Well, there will be homemade donuts.
On the third day of the festival the activities move outdoors to Arch Street where Amish buggy rides and horse drawn carriage rides will be riding around the Market. A farm animal petting zoo and country and bluegrass bands will provide the rest of the entertainment.
Reading Terminal Market [Official Site]
Reading Terminal Market
1200 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA
- Pennsylvania Dutch Festival At The RTM
- Reading Terminal Hosts Harvest Festival This Saturday
- Go Dutch
- Tomorrow Is the Ultimate Philadelphia Ice Cream Festival
- Third Thursdays at the Reading Terminal
- Musical Stalls at Reading Terminal
- Doughnut Stand Coming to Reading Terminal Market
- Free Lunch at Reading Terminal Market
- Bigger DiNic’s Opens Today