Posted by Aubrey Nagle on August 7th, 2012
As Eater reported earlier, Le Bec Fin will be hosting a week-long special dedicated to Julia Child‘s 100th Birthday. They may be the only local restaurant participating in Julia Child Restaurant Week (Today through August 14th) but in the city’s defense, did anyone else even know this was a thing?
Child’s birthday would have been August 15th so throughout the week leading up to it chef Walter Abrams has created a special menu for the downstairs room, Chez Georges. Most of the menu items were chosen from Child’s famous TV show The French Chef or her cookbooks. Dishes will include French onion soup, ratatouille, lobster Americaine, bouillabaisse, short ribs, and crepes Suzette, chocolate rum almond cake, and crème brulee for dessert.
On the day of August 15th the restaurant will be serving a special three-course meal for $60 or with wine pairings for $85, a steal especially for Chez Georges standards. The meal begins at 6:30 p.m. (reservations required, of course) and will end with a birthday cake celebration.
For reservations call 215-567-1000.
Le Bec Fin [Official Site]
Le Bec Fin Celebrating Julia Child Restaurant Week [Eater]
Le Bec Fin
1523 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA
- Annotated Menu: Le Bec Fin’s Chez Georges
- Wine Tasting and Canapes at Chez Georges
- Perrier Gets His Name Back, Chez Georges Is Now Le Bar at Le Bec Fin
- What To Eat During Center City Restaurant Week, Part 3: Chez Georges at Le Bec Fin
- Lunch at Le Bec-Fin, Dinner at Chez Georges
- The New Le Bec Fin Reviewed
- Meet the Purveyors on Food Day at Chez Georges
- News From Le Bec Fin: New Menus And A Step Back In Time
- What’s Happening at Le Bec-Fin