Playboy Lists Franklin Mortgage as One of Nation’s Top Bars (For Those Of You Who Actually Do Want To Read Playboy For The Articles)
Posted by Aubrey Nagle on August 8th, 2012
Playboy (yes, that Playboy) has announced its list of the best bars in the country and Philadelphia’s own Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co. has made the cut. Under the four categories named on the list (Dive Bars, Seduction Spots, Classics and Mixology), the Franklin came in under “Mixology” (of course), sharing space with nine other joints where the cocktail is king.
All told, Playboy’s editors named about forty bars, and the Franklin shared space with some serious national heavy hitters like The Violet Hour and Aviary in Chicago, Sazerac in New Orleans, and Drink in Boston. Playboy had much to say on the Franklin’s classic aesthetic:
Named for the company that served as the front for what was once the largest illicit booze ring in the country, this establishment is an homage to the pre-Prohibition era: the style, architecture, music, even the lightbulbs—and, yes, the drinks.
Cheers to you, Franklin Mortgage.
Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co [Official Site]
America’s Best Bars 2012 [Playboy]
- The Franklin Bar Tale Of The Tape
- Franklin Mortgage Expanding
- New Drink Menu for Fall at Franklin Mortgage
- Lemon Hill Takes Over the Food at Franklin Mortgage
- Franklin Celebrates Anniversary with Throwback Menu
- Food & Wine Salutes Philly Bars
- Tonight: Free Drinks At Franklin Mortgage (No, Really)
- Tonight: Celebrate the Franklin’s Birthday
- Franklin Unveils Newest Drink Menu