Posted by Foobooz on August 10th, 2012
Adam Erace reviews The Industry in Pennsport and finds lots to like in chef Pat Szoke’s kitchen.
Anyone who can simmer a lamb gravy this soulful, I’d trust with my life; the crock of slow-cooked tomato sauce marbled with strips of braised meat was my favorite Industry recipe. Szoke serves it with ricotta and grilled Metropolitan baguette for dunking. That’s all this small plate is, bread and gravy, and maybe that plays to my sentimental side — as kids, my brother and I made an Olympic sport of dipping sneaky pre-dinner hunks of bread into the Sunday gravy pot — but I think it says something about the confidence Szoke is cooking with.
1401 E Moyamensing Ave Philadelphia, PA
- Two Bells for The Industry
- The Industry Caters To More Than the Industy
- Digging on Swine at the Industry
- Tale of the Tape: The Industry
- Weeknight Specials at The Industry
- The Industry Makes Potato Skins a Permanent Addition
- Amis Does Industry Night with The Industry
- The Industry Is Offering Restaurant Week Relief
- The Industry Unveils Food Writers’ Menu – Vote for the Potato Skins