Posted by Foobooz on August 10th, 2012
A tipster informed us that Sonata in Northern Liberties has closed. The menu is down from outside the door and the windows covered. A call to the BYOB’s voicemail confirmed that they were closed for business as of yesterday and thanked their customers for three years of patronage.
Even in Craig LaBan’s praise filled review of Mark Tropea’s food at Sonata back in 2010, the sustainability of the business was a major concern.
Hopefully we’ll soon see Tropea cooking again soon.
UPDATE: Eater is reporting that a new Thai restaurant, Baan Thai, will be taking over the space.
- Baan Thai Opens in Northern Liberties
- Sonata Coming To Northern Liberties
- Homegrown Ingredients Make the Difference at Baan Thai
- Sonata in Northern Liberties Updates Menu
- Blatstein Gives Up Controlling Interest in Piazza and Liberties Walk
- Sonata Sings a Pretty Tune
- Singing About Sonata
- Raw Out At Piazza
- David Ansill Back In Town!