Posted by Aubrey Nagle on August 16th, 2012
After weeks and weeks of grueling research to find the best sandwich in America, Adam Richman has finally chosen Philly’s own DiNic’s roast pork sandwich as the winner. The reality show which began in June first sent Richman looking for the best contender in each region of the country. He then pitted the regional winners against each other until he was left with a top ten.
From po’ boys in Louisiana to BBQ in San Diego, Richman had a wide range to choose from. The final round had DiNic’s facing off against a Chicken Conquistador from Savannah, Georgia and the Yardbird from Detroit, Michigan. Despite being from the Yardbird’s hometown Detroit Free Press sports writer Vince Ellis agreed with Richman’s pick, saying:
But that Roast Pork Sandwich is like heaven wrapped in a warm hoagie. When the Pistons travel to Philly, I always make time to get to the Reading Terminal Market before the shops close.
Heaven sounds pretty accurate to us. Congratulations, DiNic’s!
Check out the video of Joe Nicolosi teaching Richman how to make his winning sandwich below.
Reading Terminal Market [Official Site]
The Best Sandwich in America [Official Site]
The Best Sandwich in America? It isn’t the Yardbird [Detroit Free Press]
- DiNic’s Up for Best Sandwich in America
- Sandwich Perfection At DiNic’s
- DiNic’s Changes Roll Providers
- Bigger DiNic’s Opens Today
- Musical Stalls at Reading Terminal
- Reading Terminal Renovations Update with Opening Date for Molly Malloy’s
- Reading Terminal Market Reopening at Noon
- Last Weekend for McRib but We Have a Better Idea
- A Walk Around the Reading Terminal Market