Posted by Aubrey Nagle on August 16th, 2012
If you’ve ever wanted to cook your favorite Philadelphia recipes at home then April White’s new book Philadelphia Chef’s Table: Extraordinary Recipes from the City of Brotherly Love must be your next purchase. White, former food editor of Philadelphia magazine, teamed up with Jason Varney, popular local photographer whose work has appeared in national magazines like Food & Wine and Travel + Leisure, to collect recipes and images from the area’s best and brightest chefs.
Over 50 of Philly’s chefs, bartenders, and restaurateurs appear in Philadelphia Chef’s Table including five James Beard winners, two Iron Chefs, and one Top Chef. The tome serves as half cookbook and half travel guide, showing what Philly’s food scene is made out of and how to do it yourself. With recipes like Zahav’s chicken freekeh, a hot fudge sundae from Franklin Fountain, Supper’s carrot and orange soup, and dan dan noodles from Han Dynasty, you’d be hard pressed to find a city gem that isn’t mentioned in White’s book. Drinks aren’t left out either; Katie Loeb and Phoebe Esmon both share their favorite cocktails.
With over 75 recipes in all you can be just like Marcie Turney, Kevin Sbraga, or Michael Solomonov – well, you can pretend anyway. Philadelphia Chef’s Table is available in stores and online now.
- April White Signing Copies of Philadelphia Chef’s Table At Supper
- Kevin Sbraga and April White at Reading Terminal This Evening
- Skirt Steak: Collaborative Dinner and Book Event
- Stillwater Beer Dinner Coming to Han Dynasty in University City
- Be Well Philly Round Up
- Han Dynasty Now Open at 38th and Market
- Han Dynasty Opening In Manayunk
- Great Deal at Han Dynasty
- Mixologist Katie Loeb’s Book Is Now Available