Posted by Aubrey Nagle on August 16th, 2012
Cuba Libre and Rum Bar are both celebrating National Rum Day today with boozy specials and events.
During their Caippy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. Cuba Libre will be offering their 100+ list of rums and 30 rum cocktails for half price. Available only in the bar area, prices for the rum alone will run from $4 to $19 and mixed rum drinks will be $4.50 to $6. Cuba Libre’s usual Caippy Hour specials will be available including caipirinhas, caipiroskas and sakerihnas for $5 each, house wine and sangria, select beers for $4 and bar bites for $5 each.
Tonight Rum Bar is bringing together their own Adam Kanter with Han Dynasty’s Katie Loeb for a one night tiki pop-up called Duke’s Surf Bar to celebrate the national holiday. For the night 20 tiki drinks will be available for $10. If all goes well and Kanter finds a good locale, Duke’s Surf Bar could become a brick-and-mortar reality.
- Katie Loeb and Adam Kanter are Doing a Tiki Pop-Up
- Could Duke’s Surf Bar Answer Our Tiki Dreams
- Yo Ho Ho And A Day Of Rum
- Han Dynasty Now Open at 38th and Market
- Sailor Jerry Takes Over Tiki Thursday At Rum Bar
- Real Cuban Chef Coming to Cuba Libre
- Lunch Special Next Week At Cuba Libre
- Muddling Fun
- Down Goes Fidel! Lets Drink!