Posted by Foobooz on August 20th, 2012
Craig LaBan reviews Forest & Main Brewing Co., the Best of Philly winner for Best Brewpub, and finds the atypical brewpub is a step-up from the norm.
The fish and chips are especially notable, hand-battered in Palomino beer batter that is light and crisp, with fresh chunks of cod inside, and tartar sauce made with capers and cornichons. The rich cup of creamy corn soup touched with coriander and citrus was a hearty evocation of summer.
Two Bells – Very Good
Forest and Main
61 N Main Street, Ambler, PA
- Forest & Main Brew Pub in Ambler
- Review: Forest & Main Isn’t Perfect But It’s Just Right
- Two Bells for Rex 1516
- Two Bell Review for Matt Zagorski and Hickory Lane
- Two Bells for The Industry
- LaBan at the Area’s Next Uzbeki Find
- Craig LaBan Is Back at the Shore
- Vault’s First Brewing Day
- Tapas Spreads to Burbs