Posted by Foobooz on August 22nd, 2012
Oops, a foie gras froth winds up on the plate of Christina Perachio’s pescatarian guest at Rittenhouse Tavern.
The next dish is a doozy: five large day-boat sea scallops, perfectly seared on top with a golden-brown crisp sitting in a heavy-handed amaranth truffle butter sauce with fresh and tender chanterelles and turnips that stand on their own. They are gorgeous, rich and delicious. And their inclusion in our meal comes as a result of my companion’s request for an entrée fit for a pescatarian. Which is why, the next day, when I call to double-check the ingredients, I’m startled to learn that they the scallops were topped with a vanilla foie gras froth.
Simple and Seasonal Fare at Rittenhouse Tavern, With an Unexpected Surprise [Philadelphia Weekly]
Rittenhouse Tavern [Official Site]
251 South 18th Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Nick Elmi Brings Life to Rittenhouse Tavern
- Rittenhouse Tavern Starts Weekend Brunch
- Le Bec’s Nick Elmi Lands at Upcoming Rittenhouse Tavern
- Tale of the Tape: Rittenhouse Tavern
- The Prettiest Thing We Ate This Weekend
- Getting Beyond the Scene at Dandelion
- Nick Elmi and Rittenhouse Tavern Get Three Bells from Craig LaBan
- Eat Like a Chef
- Le Bec Fin is Back from the Edge