Posted by Foobooz on August 29th, 2012
We’ve long wished that the Field House next to Reading Terminal Market was the big mega-sized sports bar that we could recommend to tourists and others go. And with its renovation and reopening set for this weekend, maybe with the help of two Andys, it will finally become that.
Andrew Brown, who is leaving Opa on Sansom Street is going to be taking over the kitchen. Brown’s menu will contain Philadelphia staples and other dishes that harkan back to Brown’s days at the White Dog Cafe. And with the Reading Terminal Market across the street, fresh and local shouldn’t be too difficult.
The beer program is being managed by Andy Farrell who also stewards the City Taphouse program. The forty-tap system will stress local beers including some from the next generation of small brewers who have been popping up in the area.
The bar is receiving a complete overhaul with 35 new HDTVs on the first floor plus a 14′ x 9′ projection screen. Even the live music is getting an overhaul, gone are the cover bands and in are the local indy acts.
The bar is softly opening this Friday in time for the opening weekend of college football and all systems should be go by the middle of next week.
Field House [Official Site]
- Sports Bar Coming To Reading Terminal
- Some Scoopage From Michael Klein
- Tuesday is All-You-Can-Eat Snow Crabs at the Field House
- Third Thursdays at the Reading Terminal
- Free Lunch at Reading Terminal Market
- Bigger DiNic’s Opens Today
- DiNic’s Up for Best Sandwich in America
- A Walk Around the Reading Terminal Market
- Musical Stalls at Reading Terminal