Posted by Foobooz on August 29th, 2012
Brian Freedman does not enjoy his wine or dinner at the Latham Hotel’s new Urban Enoteca. And that’s putting it mildly.
Worst of all was the “rustic stew of coastal shellfish.” It arrived practically trailing cartoon odor-lines, like those wisps of smoke that followed Pepe LePew in the old Warner Bros. classics. Bland halibut, well-cooked but virtually flavorless shrimp, “Maine lobster” that was little more that the occasional shoestring of flaccid meat—all that and more came to the table in a menacing bath of unexpectedly thick tomato sauce squiggled with a Day-Glo saffron rouille whose sourness was cause for concern.
Urban Enoteca’s ‘Wine Bar’ Charges an Arm and a Leg for Even the Most Uninspired Brands [Philadelphia Weekly]
Urban Enoteca [Official Site]
135 S 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Restaurant Week Sets Fall Dates, Record Number of Participants
- Spiga Gets Spanked
- The Real Deals of Center City Sips
- Del Frisco’s Offering a $20 Power Lunch
- Comfort & Whiskey at Cooperage
- Filter Dining Room Charms in a Charmed Space
- First Bite: Luke’s Lobster
- Nick Elmi and Rittenhouse Tavern Get Three Bells from Craig LaBan
- Twin Lobster Dinner is Back at Oyster House