Posted by Aubrey Nagle on August 31st, 2012
On Saturday September 15th from 1 to 5 p.m. Iron Hill North Wales will be holding a “Give 19” event for the release of Iron Hill’s Grand Inquisitor bottled reserve with the Flyers’ Scott Hartnell to benefit his #HartnellDown Foundation. The “Give 19” event is a spin on Iron Hill’s popular “Give 20” fundraisers where 20% of proceeds from participating food sales go toward a non-profit or charity. The event is instead “Give 19” in honor of Scott Hartnell’s jersey number, and 19% of proceeds will be donated.
The #HartnellDown Foundation was inspired by the Twitter hash tag used by Flyers fans to keep track of how many times Scott Hartnell has fallen on the ice during a game. Once this concept took off and Hartnell was in the loop, he began selling merchandise with the hash tag on it and putting the proceeds toward his favorite children’s and hockey charities.
The “Give 19” event will highlight the North Wale’s head brewer Vince DesRosiers’ take on Iron Hill’s Russian Imperial Stout. The Grand Inquisitor will be sold at the release event in a limited quantity of 200 750mL bottles for $23.50. Guests can also buy $1 raffle tickets to win a three-liter bottle of Grand Inquisitor signed by Hartnell to benefit his foundation.
- Tom Selleck Finds Out About Iron Hill Brew Named After Mustache
- Tonight: Flyers Quizzo
- What a Saturday
- Bourbon, Barrels and Bugs At Iron Hill This Weekend
- “Off The Wall” Series at The Industry
- Tonight: Flyers Hockey & Poutine
- March of Dimes Signature Chefs Gala
- UPDATED: Phoebe Esmon and Christian Gaal Organizing Drinkers (And Bartenders) For Sandy Relief
- Too Many Cukes in the Kitchen?