Posted by Foobooz on September 7th, 2012
Late last night Michael Klein reported that the Grainery Restaurant Group’s (Farmers’ Cabinet, Cabinet Artisanal Brewhouse) The Boilermaker would be closing to reconceptualize as The Butcher and The Brewer. The new concept will focus on meat and charcuterie as well as the 40 taps it currently offers.
In the kitchen, Jennifer Choplin will be in charge. Choplin is coming over from Watkins Drinkery where she was responsible for the menu that managed to straddle game and vegan options.
This is just the latest note in the saga that involves Matt and Colleen Swartz’s string of restaurants. Just over a week ago it was announced Jennifer Zavala was joining the restaurant group and this week, Eater speculated that Zavala might be running a Matt Swartz owned bed and breakfast in Bucks County.
The last day for The Boilermaker will be this Monday. A reopening date has not been announced.
Exit, Boilermaker [The Insider]
216 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Liquid Nitrogen at Farmers’ Cabinet, New Plans for The Boilermaker
- The Butcher and The Brewer Is Closing
- Zavala Joins Farmers’ Cabinet Team, Hosts Hens Revenge Tonight
- Opening Tonight: The Butcher and the Brewer
- Little Birdy Spots “Good Beer” Delivery to Former Blue Bear Tavern
- The Boilermaker Sneaks In To Replace Blue Bear Tavern
- Farmers’ Cabinet Has A Few Job Openings…
- Shakeup At Farmers’ Cabinet (Again)
- Quick Bites: New Chef for Farmers’ Cabinet and Ramen Coming