Posted by Jason Sheehan on September 7th, 2012
I love this photo. I really do.
It came from Wednesday night’s Open Stove event at COOK, and frankly, I think it’s one of the best that Yoni Nimrod–our officially unofficial Foobooz photographer–has ever shot for us. The best thing about it? It’s not staged or lit or decorated in any way. It was just a moment that happened, and he was there with his camera to capture it.
Which, of course, got me thinking. Since I promised that I would have more Feastival tickets to give away, I was looking to come up with another little game for us to play. And since we’d just had this contest where you all had to sift through our photos, I thought that maybe we should reverse things this time. Maybe we should have to look at all your best food snaps.
And then it hit me…
Remember how, during the last contest, you were forced to go through the Foobooz Flickr pool to find one of the shots? Yeah, well I hope you remember where to find that because here’s what we’re gonna do: We’re going to have a photo contest.
The rules this time are simple. All you have to do is post your best food photo(s) to the Foobooz Flickr pool. Of course, the snaps have to be yours (no stealing!). Of course, it would be best if they were CLEARLY LABELED. Of course, it would be best if the food being shot comes from some awesome Philadelphia restaurant. But that’s it. Give us your best shot. Give us your best dozen. We’ll be collecting snaps all through the weekend, until some time Monday morning, at which point we will close out the contest, go through all of them and pick our favorite.
Best of the best wins a pair of VIP tickets to Feastival, coming up on Wednesday night.
Runner-up wins a pair of general admission tickets.
Sound fair? Good.
Then get snapping, shooters. And good luck.
Foobooz Flickr pool [Flickr]
- UPDATE: Photo Contest For Free Feastival Tickets
- Feastival Ticket Giveaway: And The Winner Is…
- UPDATED: Free VIP Tickets To Feastival, But Only For The Very Clever, And Discounted Prices For The Rest Of You
- Feastival Is Tonight, And We Have Pictures
- Feastival Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Last Chance For Free Stuff: Barrio Pop-Up
- Free Stuff (For A Price): The Foobooz Barrio Pop-Up Contest
- Feastival Friends & Family Ticket Discount for Foobooz Readers
- Free Stuff Alert! VIP Tickets To Brauhaus Schmitz’s Maifest