Posted by Foobooz on September 7th, 2012
Brian Dwyer and his team at Pizza Brain finally makes their public debut today and if you believe Facebook Events pages, 1,130+ people are going to be attending. If that actually happens we’re pretty sure they’ll run out of pizza before you can say Federal Donuts. But even if you don’t get pizza, it is sure to be one heck of a block party on Frankford Avenue.
Once Pizza Brain gets past the opening throngs they’ll be offering eighteen different pies as well as the ability to create your own from over fifty different sauces, cheeses, seasonings, meats, veggies, fruits and nuts. The pizza is baked in familiar gas-deck ovens that power neighborhood pizza spots from coast to coast. The pies are offered in two sizes (small, 12″ and large, 16″; $7.50 to $22). Slices are also available for $3. The pizzas are all named after real-life people whose names Brian Dwyer came across while working at a data entry company.
Pizza Brain Draft Menu (PDF)
Brian Dwyer owns a Guinness Book of World Records recognized collection of more than a thousand pizza artifacts. Not all of them will be displayed in the pizza spot or next door in the gallery that fronts Little Baby’s Ice Cream. A must see is the collection of photographs that chronicle America’s pizza history from the 50′s to modern day. One photo that grabbed our eye, advertised pizza while helpfully pointing out the correct pronunciation (say Peet-za).
The Pizza Brain Hype
The Pizza Brain team has received a ton of press from TIME magazine to just about every local media outlet.
2313 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
- Interview With Pizza Brain and When the Frankford Ave Pizza Museum May Open
- Pizza Brain Bakes First Pizza Sets Opening Date
- Pizza Brain Not Open Yet, Still Trying To Set A World Record
- Update on Pizza Brain and Little Baby’s Ice Cream
- Pizza Brain Makes The National News
- Pizza Brain’s Brian Dwyer Is Living Inside His Dream
- Two Bells for Fishtown’s Pizza Brain
- Pizza Brain: The Journey Begins
- About Last Friday: Pizza Brain’s Grand Opening