Posted by Foobooz on September 14th, 2012
Marc Vetri has just signed a lease to bring Osteria to the Moorestown Mall. Vetri’s name has been dangled as the carrot for Moorestown residents, who last year voted to overturn the town’s liquor ban by offering liquor licenses at the mall.
The path was cleared for the licenses just three days ago. Last year’s referendum had been struck down by a Superior Court judge who said liquor licenses could not just be restricted to just the mall because it was an example of zoning by referendum. The Township Council then created an ordinance restricting alcohol to the mall and nearby East Gate Shopping Center.
With the ordinance unanimously passed, the four liquor licenses were awarded to PREIT, which owns the mall. No formal word on who will get the other three liquor licenses.
400 Route 38 Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Vetri to New Jersey?
- Moorestown Says Yes To Liquor, Vetri
- Marc Vetri on Osteria Moorestown
- Marc Vetri Opening Pizzeria Vetri On Callowhill Street
- Osteria Names Brad Daniels as Its First Ever Chef de Cuisine
- Foodaphilia Tries Osteria
- Osteria Makes Bon Appetit List
- More From Frank Bruni On Marc Vetri
- A Love Letter to Marc Vetri