Posted by Jason Sheehan on September 18th, 2012
Photo courtesy Grub Street Philly
An Irish cheesesteak, foie-kebabs, Nutella pizza and a simple plate of spaghetti at a restaurant known for somewhat more complicated presentations–these are just a few of the secret plates uncovered by Grub Street Philly in an excellent investigation that hit the interwebs this afternoon.
There are a million dishes in the naked city, but not all of them are listed on menus. And there’s no single answer why chefs and restaurateurs keep these secrets. Some are things that were replaced in menu updates, but remain tastes that loyal customers can’t live with out; other are simply special plates reserved for celebrities, high rollers and dearly loved regulars.
So check it out, won’t you? All 8 of the plates that made Grub’s list sound like they would make an excellent dinner tonight. Though something tells me you might not be the only fella in the dining room looking for those foie kebabs…
Secret Suppers: 8 Amazing Off-Menu Dishes [Grub Street Philly]
- McGillin’s and City Tavern In Bucket List Bars Book
- Charity Guest Chef Pot Luck and Beer Tasting at Lemon Hill
- Try the Rabbit Pot Au Feu at McCrossen’s Tonight
- Philly is the Late-Night Capital of the US
- First Bite: The New New New New Marigold Kitchen
- McCrossen’s Gets a Makeover
- Zombie Luau at Zahav
- McCrossens Hosts French Canadian Beer Dinner
- UPDATED: Election Day Specials Around Philadelphia
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 at 4:30 pm and is filed under Food Nerd News, Guides. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.