Posted by Aubrey Nagle on September 21st, 2012
Two new tasting menus will be gracing the tables of La Calaca Feliz and Cantina Feliz. The first is the “Back to Cool” menu served at both restaurants now through September 23rd. For $30 at La Calaca or $25 at Cantina, each guest will receive a multi-course meal of dishes prepared by chef Tim Spinner and Cantina’s line cooks, some of whom hail from Mexico, based on their favorite hometown dishes. An optional beverage pairing with Herradura Tequila will be available for $12.
Look for the full La Calaca “Back to Cool” menu and details on the second menu after the jump.
La Calaca Feliz “Back to Cool” $30 per person
Course 1: Chicharino: pickled pork skin, lime mayo, lettuce, tomato, queso fresco
Course 2: Camarones enchipotlados: Shrimp with chipotle sauce, pico de gallo
Course 3: Grilled skirt steak with cauliflower and queso Oaxaca flauta
Dessert: Scoop of ice cream or sorbet
The second tasting menu will celebrate Dia de los Muertos, the Mexican holiday which celebrates lost loved ones. The holiday’s happy skeleton imagery can be found all over both restaurants. The menu will be featured at both La Calaca Feliz and Cantina Feliz from October 29th to November 3rd.
Photo by Jason Varney.
- Watermelon Gazpacho at La Calaca Feliz and Cantina Feliz
- Summer Classes at Cantina Feliz
- La Calaca Feliz Gets an Opening Date
- La Calaca Feliz Lands Three Bells
- La Calaca Feliz Sues Ambler’s Taco Feliz for Trademark Infringement
- Ilegal Mezcal Tasting Menu Now Available at La Calaca Feliz
- Dia De Los Muertos Menus Popping Up Around Town
- La Calaca Feliz Is Working for Fairmount
- Celebrate National Margarita Day at Distrito in University City (And Elsewhere)