Posted by Foobooz on September 22nd, 2012
Effective October 1st, West Philadelphia’s well-liked Green Line Cafe will be taking over the operation of Cafe Loftus on 15th between Walnut and Sansom Streets. Cafe Loftus proprietor Chris Gabello is bowing out to concentrate on his growing commercial photography business.
This is the fourth cafe storefront for Green Line Cafe owners Daniel Thut and Douglas Witmer. There other locations are at 43rd and Baltimore, 44th and Locust and 37th and Lancaster Avenue. They also operate a coffee kiosk inside Penn’s veterinary hospital.
There won’t be extensive physical changes to the 15th and Moravian location but there will be Green Line’s grab-n-go sandwiches. Green Line will also be bringing in certified organic and fair-trade coffees roasted by Equal Exchange.
Green Line Cafe [Official Site]
136 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Cafe L’Aube’s Rittenhouse Square Location
- Cake & the Beanstalk to Replace Flying Monkey
- Plenty Opening This May on Spruce Street
- New York’s Joe Coffee Set to Add to Philadelphia’s Coffee Scene
- University of Pennsylvania Food by the Numbers
- Oddfellows Reincarnated as YOLO
- New Elixr Sets Grand Opening for August 29th
- La Petite Dauphine Opens Tomorrow
- ReAnimator Cafe Gets Approval to Open Cafe in Fishtown