Posted by Foobooz on October 3rd, 2012
Landscape designer Groundswell Design Group is the recipient of The 2012 Excellence on the Waterfront Honor Award for Commercial Design for their work on Morgan’s Pier. The Waterfront Center helps communities worldwide enhance their urban waterfronts and at their annual conference, they award prizes for excellence in waterfront design.
The attractive Morgan’s Pier, which opened in May on the Delaware River united urban materials, salvaged wood and vintage tables with leafy linden trees and other greens just below the Ben Franklin Bridge.
Groundswell’s work can also be seen in the garden at Talula’s Garden.
As for Morgan’s Pier, the outdoor bar and restaurant is closed for the season. They promise to reopen next April.
221 N Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA
- Details on Waterfront Drinking Spot, Morgan’s Pier
- Tale of the Tape: Morgan’s Pier
- David Katz’s Menu for Morgan’s Pier
- Reviewing David Katz’s Menu at Morgan’s Pier
- Tale of the Tape: What to Expect at Morgan’s Pier in 2013
- Hornik Gives an Interview, Names His Riverfront Bar
- Solomonov Barbecuing at Morgan’s Pier Tonight
- An Update on Morgan’s Pier
- Guest Chef Happy Hour at Morgan’s Pier